Moments

4.1.07

My big day

Turned 20 at my uncle's house in BM. No celebration at all for me, so sad one. haha. However, a week before my birthday my sister sponsored a strawberry cheesecake for me. they planned for it to be an early birthday celebration for me but i didn't want anything troublesome so we just enjoyed the cake together at home. it's good enough, warm and happy.


On my birthday, the 23rd Dec Saturday 2006, everyone in the house was busy preparing for my cousin sister's wedding nite, i ended up in this restaurant somewhere in BM which served quite bad tasting food. uaakh! nobody enjoyed the food, after looking at the first appetizer dish, my appetite flew away instantly. So bored during the dinner that i camwhore with my sis and mom with my new phone. Here's the outcome:

Sis and I

me and mom

By the time dinner finished, we still gotta wait till all the guests leave before we made a move. But then, having a close relative marrying really made me feel like a VVIP, especially the treatment by other further relatives. Anyway, the workload continued the next day that was supposed to be the "real" day. the groom came to bring the bride back to his place. he was quite pitiful actually, he felt sick and was down with fever but had to endure the obstacles created by my cousin's noisy girl-friends somemore. They forced him to down a glass of lime + lemon juice, another glass of super-duper insanely sweet drink, 3 pieces of wasabi-spread biscuits and he had to answer some ridiculous questions and to perform a funny dance. Quite funny, so hard to marry, i was thinking what if he suddenly quit and said he doesn't wanna go ahead anymore? hehe just a thought, it would be really funny then. I got to witness the whole big crap plus the entire ceremony cos i was my uncle's assistant photographer. very the 'pa pai'. Didn't know until then that taking photos can be quite a tiring and energy-consuming job especially when you gotta run around making sure you get every shot. barely ate anything at all the whole morning and noon, the same with my uncle.

Conclusion: wedding preparation is not that easy, so far what i've seen scares me already. With all the funny and weird ceremonies and customs, really troublesome. Anyhow, it's still a happy occasion, so glad for my cousin, finally got to marry the man she loves. May they stay happily married for life.

Labels: ,

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home